TO PATIENTS, HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS, PARTNERS, AND OUR COMMUNITY
We are deeply concerned for our employees, our communities and everyone around the world who has been affected in some way by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). It hurts us to know that some of our colleagues, loved ones, and business partners may be living in isolation from their families, and that others are wondering what this may mean for them. These are people we collaborate with every day. Most importantly, they are friends we care deeply about.
We are grateful to the public health authorities who have been working tirelessly since the very beginning to tackle the unprecedented challenge posed by this outbreak and thankful for the courage and compassion of the healthcare workers who are helping everyone.
To help ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, patients, and partners, we are taking the advice of the Australian health authorities and implementing the following:
Quarantine of anyone who comes into contact with an individual testing positive for COVID-19.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 and symptomatic individuals who are awaiting test results will be isolated and quarantined with their families.
- Monitoring of our supply chain and operations continues to assure we can continue to produce important medicines for our patient communities around the world.
- All Australian employees are required to stay home if they are not feeling well and to consult with their healthcare provider as appropriate.
- All Australian employees are currently working from home until further notice.
- Everyone is encouraged to hold virtual meetings at least through the end of June.
- We have suspended all face-to-face meetings with healthcare professionals in an effort to help reduce the risk of transmission and free up their time to focus on their patients.
The Biogen Foundation has committed $10 million to support global response efforts and communities around the world impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds will be used to address immediate critical needs, with donations going to support non-profit organisations in impacted countries worldwide. This donation will be used to help expand testing options, ease the strain on medical systems, provide training for front line health workers and support access to necessities like food. The company has also provided medical equipment and supplies to help diagnose COVID-19 in a greater number of people in the company’s Head Office area of Massachusetts.
This is a dynamic situation and we are focused on helping our communities and our employees through this difficult time. In our Head Office in the US, we have established and are consulting regularly with a panel of infectious disease experts to help us better understand COVID-19. We will continue to be vigilant and help wherever we can.
In the meantime, we continue to operate our business to serve the needs of our patients and advance our mission of being pioneers in neuroscience.